Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cue up SGN #8!

The phonecall from Dr. Ram was good and I'll be going in for my 8th cycle tomorrow :) Surreal being happy about being able to continue on such a perilous/ambiguous path but I live in the moment these days! The unofficial word on my PET/CT by the way is still stable with improvement in some areas. I'll take it...

I'm getting really excited about going Up North :D It's a bavarian atmospehere at this place called Boyne Resorts and found out they do have a killer hottub! The drive itself is fun as you slowly get out of the city then more and more trees and less and less houses... I've got some pretty sweet skiing gear that I've been accumulating the last couple of years and haven't really been able to use. I'm counting on getting a "boost" from my infusion. It's happened a couple of times after I got the drug and hoping this is one of those times. If this happens and my legs are strong enough I'll be doing some snowboarding. If I have decent energy and weak legs I'll probably just ski. If both my legs and energy are shot I'm hoping they have downhill tubing as all I have to do is sit on my keeshter (sp?!) and laugh my ass off while I slide down the hill.

Good times!

Happy New Year!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Chris! Aylin mentioned that she meet up with you and Jackie and had a great time catching up. I travel to WPB quite a bit for business. Next time I am in the area, I will have to give you s hollar. It was be great to hang out with a familar face.


Have a Happy New Year!

Kelly

Marsha said...

wow, Chris, skiing right after the infusion! I'm jealous. I am usually down in pain for 2 days and then it takes a week to get back on my feet. I think I'm done with SGN-35. :(
Happy New Year and the best wishes for 2010! we'll keep fighting!
Marsha

Cláudia said...

Great news Chris!!
Happy New Year!
Cláudia