Monday, December 28, 2009

Getting a Grip :)

So I read my rant last night and it's not as bad as I thought it was after I wrote it. It's seems strange to me that I put my thoughts out there as I never really was one to open up about things before I was diagnosed. I'm actually proud of myself as I think it takes guts to share this kind of stuff, especially in a society where it's not exactly the norm for men to share their feelings on things. Like I've said many times before, it's good therapy for anyone going through life threatening illness. Hell, I think it's helpful for anyone who's going through anything stressful. I've gone to therapists when I lived in Seattle and here and can say I never felt as good walking out of their offices as I do when done blogging.

I had my PET and CT scans a few hours ago and glad to be done with em. Here in Detroit, I have to have two separate scans as they don't have a PET/CT machine at my center. I was spoiled in Seattle as all my tests were done in one building on one machine. It usually took a little under two hours whereas here I have to go to two different buildings and it takes over 4 hours. I suppose I'll find out if the news is bad via telephone call telling me not to come in for infusion on the 30th. There would have to be clear cut evidence of at least 20% growth of existing lesions/tumors or multiple new areas of disease. I'm cautiously optimistic...

So if things work out, I'll be getting SGN-35 #8 Wednesday morning. Then, I'll be jumping in a car to drive up to Northern Michigan to go skiing for New Years, ha!! I have no idea how I'm going to ski with these weak legs but will figure it out when I get up there ;) If I can't ski, maybe I can find a hottub somewhere. I've always loved soaking in a hottub outside in the dead of winter. It's great when you step out of the tub with all the steam coming off your skin! It's going to be cool being up north, hope we get some good snow.

Tomorrow I'll be getting together for dinner with the other half of my family and will be joining my stepbrother Chris. Just wanted to wish him all the best as he prepares to leave for Afganistan on January 9th.

If I can't post till after New Years, Happy one to you! Here's to good things to come in 2010...

Chris

2 comments:

Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda. said...

Chris, we hope all works out with this past scan,you know you are always in our thoughts and prayers.If you go up North enjoy and relax. As for you personally, ,we cant think of a stronger individual to have to go through something like this. The courage,knowledge you have showed through this process, has made you a even stronger person ,One who is going to to beat this thing. . Hope your trip up north will be enjoyable,and always keep the faith. Love Uncle Tom and Auntie Linda. Ps Have a great New Year.

the girl who wanted to drop kick the waitress said...

Great to see you last night, Chris. There is nothing like seeing someone in the flesh. I enjoyed being you with and Jackie immensely. You have something that has always been very peaceful - even in the midst of what you are going through/have gone through, you still have that peace about you. I have always appreciated it and still do. It's unique to you. Thanks for spending your evening at Union Street last night; I cant tell you how great it was to see you in person.