Thursday, December 10, 2009

SGN-35 #7

So I had my 7th infusion today... I talked with Dr. Ram and he's concerned about my muscle aches and neuropathy. He told me if it gets any worse I may not be able to continue on the treatment as the neuropathy can do permanent nerve damage. He said the muscle aches would eventually go away though. Of course none of this will really matter if after my PET/CT scan my disease shows to be progressing.

If any of these scenarios happen all is not lost... The plan then would be localized radiation then on to another trial that's getting ready to start at Karmanos called RAD001. It's shown to have an objective response rate in Hodgkins of 50%. Not great but not bad. I have no idea what type of side effects or how often I'd have to have treatment but will do some research.

I'm going to do my best not to think about any of this as I'm leaving to go back to Florida tomorrow and just want to enjoy myself.

The scans are on the 28th and if all's well, my next infusion of SGN-35 will be on the 30th.

Hoping to be able to go into the 2010 with some decent news...

No comments: