Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Platelets aren't cooperating... Ugh

So, I got up at the crack of ass this morning, took the tri-rail to the airport, flew here, took a bus to midtown, walked to the cancer center, gave em my blood, did the PET/CT scan only to find out after that we have to hold my next cycle until they re-check my blood Thursday to see if my platelets go above 50,000. I was wondering why I have these weird bruises on my legs and arms, hmmmm. This is of course pending my scan not showing any disease progression.

So, tomorrow I try and keep all this out of my mind as my friends and I are renting a car and driving up to Montauk Downs tomorrow morning to hopefully play 18 holes of golf.

Hope to have good news on Thursday.

6 comments:

Donna said...

Chris hope those platelets behave themselves and your counts are ok so you can have your next treatment.
Enjoy your day of golf!!!

I will keep you in my prayers and will send many positive thoughts your way that your scans will be GOOD news!!!!
Stay Strong
Donna

Veronica said...

soooo frustrating, Chris - fingers crossed that the platelets are the only bit of frustration that you get this week...........<3

Rob said...

Chris,
Know that we are pulling for you and hope for good test results for you. Have fun on the golf course!
Love,
Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia

Gail said...

Hi Chris,
I hope your platelets are busy multiplying while you enjoy your visitors..
Gail

Angie Nader said...

i hope your platlets go up so you get your treatment.
on another note...
the only time i ever heard of montauk was when that animal washed on shore and they called it the monrauk monster.

Anonymous said...

forgive me if you already know this, but supposedly eating lots of pineapples (juice or the fruit itself) can raise your platelet count (it's not a miracle cure or anything, it just helps your platelet count recover). some leukemia, myeloma and mds survivors swear by this. of course ask your doc whether doing so would interfere with your drug therapy.