Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back in the Sauna


Well that was a fast 10 days... Seattle is awesome! I'll miss it...

I just got back to SoFlo a few hours ago, what a long day... I don't think you can fly much farther in the lower 48. I flew Continental and amazed how bad the customer service has gotten for that airline. I used to fly them often when I lived out West and don't remember them being that bad, ugh... I had a $250 voucher in my hand after volunteering to give up my seat (as they were oversold) only to have it taken away from me after they made a "mistake". I was then forced to check my carry on bag, give up my original seat and was given a middle seat in the back of a packed plane, ugh. Previous to this, I was amazed to witness several instances where agents were talking back to customers in ways you shouldn't be talking to customers, totally unprofessional... I usually stay pretty cool in airport situations because experience tells me getting upset only makes a bad situation worse and I happen to be frying bigger fish anyway ;). For my troubles, they gave me a free drink voucher, jeez...

So I’m back in steamy Delray Beach for a couple of days before I fly up to New York to do the required blood draw and visit with Dr. O’Connor. Like I mentioned, I’m excited to go to Shea Stadium (it’s called something else now but I still call it Shea) next Tuesday night to see my Tigers take on the Mets! We’ve been hot lately winning 6 in a row so hopefully they’ll keep it going…

By the way, I read some good news recently regarding fellow Hodge Warriors (Matt from Colorado and Neil from Toronto ) who went through a stem cell transplants and had a poor prognosis (primary refractory like me) and are actually clean after 9 and 12 month scans respectively! Congrats fellas.

Time to get some much needed Zzzzz's. Not sure why I posted except maybe to let everyone know where I am at the moment. Seems like I'm all over the place these days ;) The plan is to enjoy my week off from the pills wherever I am!

Probably update next from New York...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Wow indeed......time does seem to be speeding up on all sides of the ocean!
Sorry to hear of your disappointing customer service on airlines.......seems to be the way of the world these days :0(
Here's to smooth blood draws.....Vx