Friday, June 11, 2010

Sweet Emotion!

I was rocking out to this classic Aerosmith tune the other day and thought it appropriate for my return to the Great Northwest...

It took me a couple days to adjust but I'm starting to catch my groove here in serene Seattle :) It's still the same cool place that I left last year...

Haven't done anything spectacular yet like drive to the mountains or go on any waterfall hikes but have checked out some interesting new restaurants and been spending a lot of time with Jackie's new puppy Gomez!


Gomez chillin... He's a cute little bugger :) Think he's a Yorkie Poo or at least that's what they told Jackie at the Seattle humane society...


I think he thinks he's a bigger dog...


He loves his Momma :)


Couple of lounge lizards... Hope Chili doesn't see this, ha!

So, like I said, nothing dramatic to report (which is kinda nice). My back has been bothering me a bit so I've been trying not to think about it too much. Been going on some nice walks around Jackie's neighborhood which is really great. There's all these great old craftsman homes around here that are immaculately restored. You may already know this but Seattle is really big on sustainable living and they really push buying local around here. Well, this particular house takes that to a new level... There's a chicken coup in the front yard which (the chicken poop) apparently helps break down the compost that the owners use for fertilizer for their garden which encompasses their entire front yard. You would think it would be tacky but they've managed to pull it off in a way that actually adds curb appeal to the house and also manages to draw people from all over the neighborhood to come check out what they've done! There's a bench in front of the chicken coup across the sidewalk and you can observe the chickens (that's if you don't have anything else better to do, ha!).




It was really nice yesterday as I had a chance to stop by the SCCA and say hello to a couple of my friends there. I can't say enough how great of a place it is especially now that I've had a chance to visit some other cancer centers. It was really nice seeing my friend Cathy who was one of my infusion nurses. My other infusion nurse Jim actually moved to Hawaii with his wife and child and was bummed I didn't have a chance to catch up with him. These two people went above and beyond what is required as a nurse and I can honestly say they are good friends. It's never easy to have to go through chemo but Jim and Cathy were able to at least make it pleasant and for that I will always be grateful. It was weird as another person who I wanted to see was my doctor's (Shustov) P.A. Toni. She actually saw me first a day before I went to the SCCA at the dogpark! I was totally incognito with a hat and sunglasses on but somehow she recognized me in the middle of all the people and dogs, weird... Just wanted to wish her the best as she's expecting a child in two weeks!

So tomorrow should be fun as I'm going to catch up with all of my old neighbors and help my South African buddy Roger celebrate his 40th birthday!

Cheers!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Oooh - fancy new page!!

Cute pup........sounds like life is going well, Chris........:0)