Monday, June 28, 2010

Preparations...

Excited to say next Monday I'll be making my way up north back to Michigan for a few months! I've already started packing up my stuff to prepare for the 1200 mile drive. While it's been a fun last couple of months down here in SoFlo (since I've regained my strength) I'm definately ready to get out of this heat... Not to mention, I don't want to be anywhere near here when hurricane season starts. Hoping that none of my friends have to deal with any major storms.

It's going to be so nice to be back in Michigan for the summer! Can't wait to see my family, friends and Chili! My Mom said she looks like a ragamuffin right now and needs a haircut in the worst way. I hope she isn't sad leaving grandma and grandpa to come live with me in Ferndale. I've got a pretty nice yard there and a great park across the street so we should be able to become good buddies again (I hope ;)

I think this change of scenery is going to do me some good as I kinda feel like I've been in a little rut lately... When I'm on the go, I don't have a whole lot of time to sit and ponder what might happen if my disease decides to get aggressive on me. I haven't felt all that great the last couple of days and sure enough my mind starts to wander... I felt a little bump in my neck yesterday which is a little tender and automatically assumed my disease is progressing. This could be a number of things so I have to remind myself to stay in the here and now. I've had some night sweats recently as well and have to remind myself that it's 150 degrees here in Florida (or it seems with the humidity) and maybe I just need to turn the air up a little. It's these little mind games that really test your strength and by now you'd think that I'd be so battle tested that none of these things would get to me but they still do (unfortunately)...

So, I'll continue to keep myself as busy as I can. To facilitate that, this week will be spent on tying up loose ends and packing up whatever I can fit into my car to bring north. I'll be towing my new ride on a tow dolly so that should be interesting! Once I get up to Michigan, I have plenty of projects that'll take up a lot of my time. I haven't lived in my place in Ferndale for around 10 years now so there should be a lot of projects to work on. The first thing that pops into my head is doing ceramic tile in my kitchen. When I first remodeled the house, I ran out of money and laid a cheap vinyl floor down. I think it's about time for an upgrade... Also, I'll have my car to work on which should be a blast. I just hope nothing happens to it as I tow it...

Anyway, other than the obvious, all is well I must say. It really doesn't feel like summer yet being down here in Florida except that the weather is getting hotter like I mentioned.

So, here's to the beginning of my summer starting July 5th!! Hope to at least get some fireworks in down here before I head north :)

1 comment:

Gail said...

hey chris -

hope you are enjoying your time back in mi and getting settled in nicely! it seems we have you to blame for the florida heat :) thank goodness it finally broke!


maybe a few new restaurants in ferndale since you lived there last. had yummy swedish pancakes at Anna's last weekend.

thinking about you and wishing you continued good results.

gail