Monday, May 9, 2011

Feeling more at ease...

It's amazing how much more at ease and less stressed out I am in the period of less than a week...

I started the Everolimus last Wednesday and after some initial bumps (mainly GI and fatigue stuff which is nothing) I really don't even notice I'm taking a drug. In fact, dare I say that I'm already starting to feel positive effects from the RAD as my back pain has been easily cut in half, yeehaww! I also notice how much more relaxed I am. I have to say, that moment (and during) when I found out the SAHA was going bye bye was one of the more stressful anxiety ridden times of my life besides the initial diagnosis and major treatment era. That actually has to stand alone as nothing will ever compare to that.

Anyway, I have renewed peace of mind and an even better outlook on life now that I've gone through all my awful stuff. I'm feeling better, my place is coming together (I've got the following going in the last week, a stand up shower, my stove, washer and dryer and all the crap and debris in my yard cleaned up. It's starting to feel more like a home now rather than a bomb shelter.



It's more like a scene out of a Dexter episode but at least I can take a shower standing up! Another couple of weeks and I'll post the after picture, it should be sharp I hope...

So, it's off to Karmanos now for blood work. I'm leaving to go back down to Florida Wednesday to grab some stuff like my car, bike, tools, etc. and driving back up once again (this time solo, no Chili).



Speaking of Chili, she's all of the sudden decided she likes sleeping on the bed rather than under! She's been my rock, haha.

Hoping this upward trend continues. Actually, more than hoping, I expect this upward trend to continue! Part of my new attitude...

Hope all is well with everyone who reads this.

BTW, happy belated Mothers Day to all you Mom's out there and to my very special Mother Cindy. Mom, as I told you yesterday, thank you for being there for me and for all the unconditional love you give me every day. I don't know what I'd do without you. Love you very much...

Cheers!

Chris

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Still cheering you on from the West Coast Chris - thrilled to hear you're feeling so good again. Even when you're not feeling good what you accompllish tires me out!

Stay well - Marlene

pookajim said...

So great to hear that you're feeling better and the drugs are doing their job. I'll be anxious to see the "after" pics of the bathroom.

B. said...

<3

Donna said...

I am so happy to read your positive post!!! Sounds like things are going well. Keep up the positive attitude!! Glad the new meds are working and your feeling well!! Have a safe trip to Florida and back.

Stay Strong!!
Life is Good!!
Donna

Gary said...

As a fellow Hodger, I just wanted to let you know that I follow your blog and am amazed how happy it makes ME to see you doing well. Glad the new drug is working.

Stay positive, others gain strength from the example you set -

Gary