Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quick Update

So, went to get my blood checked again yesterday and my platelets inched up to 45K (from 37K). If I was still on the SAHA trial, I'd be booted off by now. However, I guess they just changed the rules for this RAD001 trial and apparently I can go all the way down to 25K. Of course, I don't want this to happen. I already deal with chronic nose bleeds and have bruises all over my body. That said, with the alternative being no treatment and my back pain returning, I'll just roll with this the best I can. So, I started the therapy back up again last night and due to go in for another poke on Monday. I'm going to start looking like a junkie if I have to keep this up, my arms are getting pretty bruised, kinda embarrassing...

Anyway, beyond all of that, life is pretty good at the moment. I think spring is finally here and my place is slowly coming together.

That's all I have for now, thanks for the positive thoughts :)

Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you can still receive treatment. it's good news (relatively) that your platelets inched up (can they transfuse if you're low or are they trying not to?). Chris, you rock even when it's rocky. just maybe don't shave for a while. you're so good-looking, you'll look insanely hot with a beard. fingers crossed this treatment is the one that sends you into perpetual CR.

Anonymous said...

hi chris, i noticed that you posted about low platelets on the lymphoma forum. i am now going into my 8th cycle of RAD001 but i did have a blood transfusion around cycle 5. maybe that is what you need? best of luck with this as i am seeing some very good results with my treatment. i 'm also trying to get on dr. bollard's program at baylor as a back up plan. unfortunately, my onc wants me to do a allo transplant and i really don't want to go down that path just yet... if you want to email me or call feel free to. my name is steve and my email is sapaley@comcast.net or (508)237-3154. all the best chris- i have been following your blog for quite sometime now comparing notes and now that we are on the same trial i can maybe be of assistance. take care, steve

Anonymous said...

it has been suggested that vitamin c can raise the platelet level (of course very common supplement taken to help iron absorption; platelets less common but there have been a couple of clinical trials). not sure why. it's a bit of a crap shoot, but i don't think it could hurt...

Donna said...

Hi Chris,
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!!! Sorry about the side effects but happy you can continue this trial and it is helping your back pain.
Wishing you a great long weekend and hoping you feel well!!!
Stay positive and Stay Strong!!!
Have a great day!!
Donna