Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spoke too soon...

Just when I get all pumped up about feeling good, the RAD001 decides to sneak up on me and wreak havoc. My body must be adjusting to the medicine as I have the chills, bad headache, mouth and throat soreness, body aches and woozy head. Kinda feels like a really bad flu. Hopefully it won't last long and I can get to enjoying Soflo...

Just wanted to send out some prayers for someone who I've never met but have followed his story ever since I was diagnosed. His name is Andy Keeley and unfortunately, Andy is having a tough time right now. He's been fighting Hodgkins it seems like forever and it's spread to his lungs badly and him and Kimberly his wife have decided to call in Hospice. This is really sad and never easy to stomach. All my best to the Keeley's. I hope you find comfort.

Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Life is such a roller coaster...

6 comments:

Donna said...

uggghhh sorry to hear you are not feeling so well. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you feel better and can enjoy your time in Florida. Yes life is a roller coaster and many ups and downs but I know you will be up again soon!! Also sending Andy and Kim my prayers.
Chris hang in there I know better days are ahead for you!!! Stay Strong and take it one day at a time and you will get through this.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Hope you have a better day!!
Donna

Anonymous said...

hi chris, i have been on rad001 since nov 2010 and initially experienced the same side effects that you are experiencing. the side effects should get better in a few weeks. my onc prescribed me a lidocaine and antacid type mouth wash, which really helped the mouth sores and throat. best wishes to you with this trial it has put me near remission.

Loraine Ritchey said...

As always I am thinking of you and so admire yur strength Loraine

Melanie said...

Hang in there Chris. I think of you so often and I'm sure you'll be back to feeling better soon.
Many prayers and good thoughts to you.
Mel

Tiffany said...

Hope you're feeling much better today!! thinking of you!!

Anastasia said...

Hey Chris! Just wanted to let you feel my support here through a few words on your blog. I'm thinking of you with love and healing! I miss you my friend.