Monday, May 2, 2011

Tommorow is the big day...

So, I go in tomorrow at noon to see Dr. Ram and hopefully receive my Everolimus pills. I'm really looking forward to starting this (while also scared out of my wits). I'm looking forward to something to quell the ever increasing pain in my back. I'm having a hard time even pulling a rake in the backyard. It's weird too as the pain has switched from the right side to now on my left side. It's almost like when I engage that particular muscle, it pushes on the lesion which must be pushing on a nerve. I have difficulty in getting out of chairs, bed, just up in general. Like I also said, I'm petrified of what side effects I might develop with some of the worst being severe lung toxicity. There's also the possibility of nasty rashes (which as long as not on my face, can probably handle) and of course, GI issues. I guess I'll know more by this time next week as the drug has a chance to get into my system.

Just wanted to touch on some history with the killing of the murderer Bin Laden, what a surreal moment it was to click on the tv last night and see that news. Just goes to show how important it is to focus on diplomacy and not just stiff arm tactics like the last administration used. The only way we are going to defeat these psycho's is if we can get the rest of the world to help and how they got Bin Laden is a great example of this. I was pretty proud of the president last night, something I haven't been able to say in a while...

Well, that's all I have for now. Just wanted to send some prayers and good vibes to Rich, my stepfather who received preliminary news the other day that he probably needs a heart transplant. I think I'm having a hard time accepting the news and I need to investigate the whole matter further. I know they've come a long way with this and just going to hold out hope that something can be done for one of the greatest guys you'll ever meet. Rich is one of the nicest, most generous, caring people that I've ever met and not sure what our family would do if anything happened. So, if you're reading this Rich, please don't give in/up and know that there's a solution out there, we just need to find it.

Peace in the Middle East :)

Chris

2 comments:

ConundrumChum said...

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Chris, just want you to know I continue to follow your blog (i'm mother of adult son who had HD) and send good, healing thoughts to you from Hartford, Ct.

PS, I enjoy your occasional political commentary--Yes, peace in the MIddle East, and to you too! Your generous and kind spirit really comes through in your blog, and I wish you the best.
Virginia