Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wait a minute...

Alright, enough looking back! I just re-read my last post and my stomach dropped again... I know this is only natural but realize that doing this will only weaken my resolve and just need to concentrate on continuing to live in the moment and to look forward to positive future experiences. Cue up my L.A.Hawaii trip! I just noticed it's only two weeks away :D

I already know what awaits in Socal having lived there for a couple of years. It's all good stuff ;)


Pic taken at El Morro Canyon trail in Newport Beach where I used to live. What a reward after a great ride!

However, it's just now starting to sink in that I'm gonna get a chance to explore the island of Oahu! I've been online checking out the things to do and there's tons. On my list is scuba diving, swimming with sharks or dolphins, of course surfing, hiking the volcanoes, exploring, a little nightlife and taking in the local culture. Needless to say, I'm getting pretty excited.


Stock Oahu shot 1

Stock Oahu shot 2

Stock Oahu shot 3

I'm also realizing that my time (or full time) here in Michigan is winding down. I'll probably start gearing up to move down to my place in Florida once I return from L.A.Hawaii late October. I plan on commuting between FL and MI based on my treatment schedule which is once every three weeks. It's a little scary as I have a nice little safe haven here at my Mom and Rich's place and there are days where I definately need the moral support from family (and Mom's cooking!). Even though I feel fairly decent most of the time, there are times where I feel pretty lousy (for a number of reasons). That said, I think I will be fine on my own again... Knowing myself, I tend to thrive when challenged so I'm looking forward to once again testing myself (as if I need more challenges!).

I probably wouldn't even be thinking about leaving Michigan if the weather didn't get so damn cold here in the winter! I've been gone now for the last 4 winters and can't imagine dealing with sub zero temperatures again, especially with all this muscle/joint soreness I have from the SGN-35. I think my bones would crack...! Not to mention, the sun does wonders for ones mood and helps facilitate the active lifestyle I need :) If I was to stay here in Michigan full time, I would probably do like I always used to do and that is hibernating and bitching and moaning about the cold!



By the way, have I mentioned that us Michiganders are bad asses?! (lol:) Anyway, in all seriousness, with my plan, I'll only have to deal with the cold a few days a month if everything goes like I want it to ;)

God willing, this drug continues to work and I'll feel good enough to stick to my plan.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Atta boy, Chris!!! ;0) Up and at'em!
Hawaii sounds absolutely fantastic! I've got a friend planning a global trip and one of the places she's aiming for is Oahu - I was slightly envious before, but having seen the pics you've posted I'm now absolutely green........one day! You just make sure you enjoy every, beautiful moment :0).........Vx

Anonymous said...

Chris,
I'm a hodgkins survivor - 1 year clean. Have followed and enjoyed your blog for some time now - check with your Docs re: scuba since the bleo may have done a number on your lungs. I was given the ok to dive again but have to make sure the tank is < 40% oxygen.
Regular air is 25% so s/b ok but as I said, check with your docs.