Monday, January 25, 2010

Finger therapy

Not a whole lot to say today but I feel like I need to post to keep my fingers limber as it's getting tougher and tougher to type. Need a break from palladia although it's pretty good as they're showing clips from the last Coachella concert in California. The lead singer of the Flaming Lips is rolling over the audience inside a giant clear beach ball, pretty funny. The clips of the drive out there brings back memories of driving to Joshua Tree N.P. when I lived in Socal...

Went to a nice BBQ last night that my buddy Dan put on. He made his own BBQ sauce and did up some wings, pork tenderloin, Brazilian sausage (his wife is Brazilian ;), along with beans, potato salad and rice. It was delicious! Had a chance to meet some of his neighbors too which was cool. One of them, Judy, is a ghost writer! Never met a ghost writer before and she had some pretty interesting stories. She couldn't tell me names of her clients however which I guess makes sense... Apparently she also does some ghost writing for another ghost writer which is wild. So, when you read a book, I guess you never really know who the actual writer is. According to Judy, you don't have to disclose this information.

Also had a chance to meet this cool cat named Ivan who is quite the artist. He's a singer/songwriter and I had him play my guitar since I can't play it all that much anymore. He performed in Dan's living room and was belting out his own stuff, some Rush tunes and Gypsy Kings which I've never really heard before. Ivan is also dealing with health issues, i.e. diabetes and heart problems. The guy is full of life though and really smart. He's getting ready to start a disc golf company and shared his business plan with all of us. For anyone not familiar with disc golf, it's pretty much the same thing as regular golf but you throw special frisbees (or discs) instead of balls and clubs. It's a growing sport as there's been 150 new courses that have been built in the last 5 years. We're going to check one out around here that's part of a nature preserve. He was telling me there's iguana's and exotic birds all over the place. Hope I can still throw the old disc...



Ivan belting it out at Danny's place. Danny's artwork in the background. Pictures of his stuff don't do it justice...



Dan n Celia, the hosts with the most...

So when I was back in Michigan, I finally had a chance to replace my dog Chili's collar so she won't have to walk around naked anymore! I took it off of her when we were travelling north to Michigan from Florida this fall. We were at a Motel 6 in West Virginia and because she sometimes would wake me up with the noise it makes when she "shakes it out", I would take it off. Well, this one time I forgot to "dress her" in the morning and left it behind. It was weird when I called a day later that no one bothered to turn the thing in. I mean, who would want an old dog collar with the name Chili on it?! Oh well, I think she likes her new one and it's actually not as noisy as the old one...



She's a good sport letting me take a picture of her new duds, ha!



Chili "fully extended" :o)

Well, it looks like the two best teams will be playing each other in the Super Bowl! I think I'm going to have a party at my place for it so that should be fun.

All right, that's all I've got, my finger therapy is complete. When I first started typing this, it was a stuggle. As I go through it though, it seems like my fingers loosen up and it gets a little easier. I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to type though, bummer. Another obstacle that I will overcome, no worries...

Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Hey Chris......long time no write - sorry :0(
Glad to catch up and find that you're doing well.......sorry about the neuropathy though - I know W had a lot of problems with his legs, but that disappeared as quickly as it came just as we were considering moving to a single-floor house as it was so hard for him to climb the stairs! His hands are still pretty bad, cramping when he needs them most, but he's still determined to learn the guitar to keep them active!! Hope they figure something out for yours.
And Chilli looks as gorgeous as ever.......your bear reminds me of a TV character over here called Morph.......do you know Morph?......even if you don't, that's what i think you should call him!! Vx

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

I do finger therapy too!

Maybe they should make it an Olympic sport...bahhh!

:)Kirsten

p.s. Chili looks stylin' in her new collar.