Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Storm Advisory!

I guess this wouldn't be a big deal if I were anywhere but Florida! I was watching the game when the messages came across the tv and I just sat here and laughed. Apparently it's supposed to get down to the 20's and maybe teens this evening with the wind. My Mom mentioned to me that the Iguanas are induced into hibernation while up in the trees and have been falling out (they're ok). Also, the orange farmers of course are taking a big hit. All this said, it's supposed to be 80 by Friday so I'm not really complaining ;)

One thing I can complain about (as if it'll do me any good) is the fact that slowly but surely I'm losing my ability to walk. I have to take really small steps... Hoping that when the Lyrica gets into my system this will maybe get better.

Mentally I'm holding it together although I do have my moments... One of the challenges I have is trying to remember that not everyone understands what I'm going through (nor should I expect them to). I mean how could anyone really know what it's like to deal with all this crap unless you're going through it yourself? That said, there are a lot of people who have really helped me through this and for that I'm truly blessed.

Each day it's all about playing the hand you've been dealt the best that you can. Sometimes you win and sometimes you don't but in the end it's all about the experience. I'm very thankful for this experience and will continue to make the best out of it...

Pura Vida!

2 comments:

Kirsten (not Kristen) said...

Hi Chris,

You've got me all worried about those iguanas...:)
but, more importantly, you and your walking. Is this due to your back or neuropathy? This is no good!!

I will send you a longer email {I"m typing with one finger on my left hand currently as i seem to have given myself tendonitis on my right,) so it may take me awhile!

Thinking of you and wishing I could send a lifeboat,
:)Kirsten

ps Keep warm!!

Anonymous said...

chris-
i'm totally pulling for you. back problems and limited walking gets really old really fast, so here's hoping something works for you. i know 'physical therapy' sounds dumb, but it sometimes can help take the pressure off around the disc; of course that may not be your situation with the actual erosion you have, but it may be worth a try. i didn't want to hear it when i started with disc trouble but it did help a lot. i'm so hoping for pain relief and mobility for you; i know how important it is. keep bugging your doctor(s). would you consider acupuncture? i haven't tried it; just a thought.
laura