Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sun = Vitamin D!

Ahh, the sunshine is back! We've had some unseasonably cool and cloudy weather down here lately and the last couple days it's been super nice :D

Went up to Jupiter yesterday with my buddy Dan to visit buddy Larry. No, not the planet but Jupiter FL, ha (cheesy joke)! It's really beautiful up there and is a whole different vibe than Delray/Boca. They actually allow dogs on the beach (too bad I didn't have mine) :( The fishing is really good up there too but unfortunately didn't have a chance to get out. At this point anyway, I don't think there's a chance I could reel in a fish due to my hands. Maybe I could get an electric reel or something. Anyway, took a walk out to the beach and these guys were fishing off shore. It was interesting as the bait they were using were sand fleas! One guy would wait for a wave to come in with a basket type thing shaped like a dust pan and once the wave was going back out to sea, he would dig the basket into the sand and sort through what was in it. The sand fleas are the size of a nickel and look like a pre-historic creature. I guess they're great bait but we didn't see anyone catching anything...



The sand flea, cute little bugger eh?! ha ha :D

I wanted to quickly say too that I got some great news last night in that my Hodgkins friend Bekah is out of the hospital and home with her mom's. They couldn't figure out what was causing her fevers and vomiting but hoping home is good medicine for her. Go Bekah!

That's all I have for now, the fingers just aren't cooperating. It's mostly my right hand. I can't lift my ring finger or pinkie up to hit the higher keys.

My legs seem to be pretty much the same. I'm getting more used to walking around slowly. There was a moment yesterday however where I got a little freaked as we were checking out boats on a dock and I momentarily lost my balance and almost fell into the water! I learned my lesson and made sure to stay away from edges from there on out...

Alright, time to go outside and soak up some Vitamin D :0)

Cheers

No comments: