Monday, January 18, 2010

MLK Day



Happy Birthday to Dr. King. What a great inspirational man...



I've had a fun weekend :) Went to see Avatar on Friday and really loved it... The visuals were absolutely stunning as I expected them to be. I was pleasantly suprised however with the story and underlying message. It was cool how the species that lived on Pandora were so in tune with their environment, literally. Actually, they were one with their planet. I truly believe that we as humans are as well but we just don't fully realize or understand it yet. Hopefully there will be a day when we can respect and nurture our "Mother" (as they referred to Pandora in Avatar) instead of exploiting and destroying it.

Had a chance to hang out last night with Ramil's son and my little buddy Rulan or "Ru". What a cute kid!



Mmmmm, Pizza from the Mellow Mushroom :D



Me n Ru chillin on Atlantic Ave!

Also had a chance to check out this incredible old hotel in Palm beach called The Breakers. It's right on the ocean... It was originally built in 1896 and re-built in 1926-27. The place is a sight to behold both inside and out. It just so happened, in one of the wings of the hotel, they had a fashion show going on for wedding gowns and tuxedo's. I was goofing around and pretended like I was part of the photography core and was snapping shots with my camera phone! I can't believe they didn't say anything to me, funny!



I'm sure the professional photographers from the wedding magazines were wondering what this guy with shorts and a t-shirt was doing taking pictures with his camera phone... ha!



The grass out here was like the nicest greens you'll see at a golf course. Nice on the feet ;)

Nothing really new to report on the cancer front... I did however get a scary message from my friend Marsha who just quit the trial. She sent me a PDF chart on peripheral neuropathy and based on my symptoms, I figure I'm between a grade 2-3. The scary part is that stage 4 is paralysis, yikes. If this keeps getting worse, I have to quit the trial. It's a no brainer. In the interim, apparently there's a drug out called IVIG that is really expensive but supposedly effective in combatting what I'm dealing with right now. The friend who told me about it has a husband who became wheelchair bound for a while from the trial (he stopped the trial of course). The company who makes SGN-35 paid for his treatments and he's doing much better with his muscle strength and is walking again and is getting stronger. Of course he still has to deal with his cancer and now is doing a conventional chemo called gemcitabine which I've already had in a previous cocktail called GVD (G=gemcitabine or gemzar). Anyway, I don't intend to get to this point but have to be very careful in watching this.

I of course will keep you posted...

Chris

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Great post..nice pics. The neuropathy stuff sounds like it sucks, :( Glad you are keeping an eye on it. You are awesome.:)