Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Pummelled!


Well I decided to take my new board out today for a spin on the waves and it was a rude awakening! It was super windy and I forgot how cumbersome it is to manage a 9.6" board in windy and obviously wavy conditions! This was all exascerbated due to me being at 1/2 strength these days from the side effects of SGN and me just starting Lyrica which really zaps you...

That said, I did manage to get to the outside for one attempt at getting up on a wave and I almost caught it! I'm determined to keep trying and will be out there the next chance I get. I'll make sure to take my Lyrica after I get out of the water next time so maybe that'll help.

By the way, if anyone's bored/interested in checking out some of my fellow Hodgkins friends' experiences with this drug, here's a link to an SGN-35 thread from the forum I belong to. There are some interesting posts and will shed some light on the challenges we face with this drug/disease. Anyway, here it is:

http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?p=417867#post417867

Thanks again for reading...

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Chris Carr! I really would like to give you a phone call..and I have wanted to for the past couple of days, including your BDAY! Happy Belated, Bday !!!! Woohoo! Yay for you, yay for life! I seriously would try to call you right now, but my phone is not working...ugh. Anyway, I am so proud of you! You are awesome! And you know IT! Always sending <3 , your friend, Anastasia

laulausmamma said...

Hi Chris - sitting here checking in on all the HL blogs I have bookmarked and haven't checked in on in a while. Just read through you past few posts and caught up on how u r doing. Glad you got some skiing and surfing in considering the SGN side effects you are experiencing. The treatment is quite a challenge but you are an amazing warrior to keep up with your varied lifestyle, traveling and experiences.

Hope the Lyrica gives you some relief so you can get back up on your board and catch some great waves.

Susan (laulausmamma - forum)