Monday, January 4, 2010

Official PET/CT report

I received the official dictation of my latest scan and it looks like I have stable to slight progression of disease, ugh. Obviously it wasn't enough to be kicked off the trial but some cause for concern...

I don't have any new areas of disease but the areas that are near my spine have increased in size. The most troubling thing is that the cancer is eroding my T9 vertebrae. I have to have a conversation with my oncologist next time to see how long he thinks I can go on like this before this starts causing me some serious problems. I already have daily back pain and can't imagine this getting worse.

I picked up my prescription for Lyrica today and hoping it starts working to rid me of this neuropathy and muscle aches. More realistically, I'd be happy with a slight improvement as it's getting more and more difficult to use my hands. It's pretty weird typing this and not being able to feel the keys! At least I still have some dexterity though...

I'm finally going to be getting a new computer! I've pooled some Christmas and birthday money and picked out the one I wanted today. It's amazing how the new laptops can run for 12-14 hours on a single charge and weigh around 5 pounds. I'll also be able to use an HDMI cable to plug in and watch HD stuff on my tv. It's going to be nice not having to worry about this thing stalling/locking and breaking my back when I carry it around while traveling... Technology is pretty cool ;)

So tonight was mini celebration #2 for my bday and had a nice dinner at my Mom's place. Tomorrow should be fun in Florida as my buddies had an epic day fishing yesterday catching Mahi Mahi, African Pompano and Mutton Snapper. We're going to have a feast! I've never tried African Pompano and heard it's incredible.

Ok, time to pack up and get some sleep. I have to get to the airport early in anticipation of some serious security delays with the recent terrorist stuff.

As Borat would say, Happy Times!

No comments: