Monday, September 1, 2008

Bumbershoot!




What a fun weekend! Who says you can't live life with cancer! :-) Went to all three days of the Bumbershoot Music Festival (been coming to Seattle since 1971) and had a great time. Had a chance to see Beck, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Cab for Cutie, Xavier Rudd, Orgone and some others. The whole experience was awesome, Seattle Rocks! I felt pretty good as I've been able to tolerate the GVD chemo reasonably well. The only side effect so far has been fatigue and minor nausea, things I can live with...

I'm continuing my visualization of the cancer dying in my body and writing about it helps me continue to do so! Who knows, maybe you don't need to have major side effects and feel like total crap for chemo to work (i.e. ICE chemo). I've got another infusion this Wednesday so I'll do my best to enjoy these next couple of days. Plus, my Mom and Sister are leaving Thursday so I want to enjoy my last couple of days with them. It's been really nice having them out and will definately miss them when they leave. I've come to realize more than ever how important family is...

By the way, I've finally figured out how to install a music player on my blog. I've been trying to pick tunes that reflect the state of mind of a cancer survivor. You try and stay optimistic and positive but the reality is you don't always feel that way. Emotions like anger, fear, anxiety and sadness creep in and I think it's reflected in the music (although I've tried to focus on the inspirational!). It's a work in progress like this blog and any recommendations are welcome. You can make comments by clicking on the comments portion of the blog (duh!).

Well,that's all for now, hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Sorry for anyone who lives in the New Orleans area and had to evacuate. Prayers are with you...

1 comment:

Duane said...

Hey Chris,

I just found your blog. Great site! I'm an HL survivor and received GVD chemo as well.

You have such a great, inspiring attitude.

Thanks for enriching the cancer blogosphere with your story. I'll continue to check in.

Wishing you health and happiness.