Sunday, September 7, 2008

ONCE


Jackie and I rented a movie last night and it was so good I thought it worth mentioning on my blog! I'm not normally into romantic love stories but this one really was great. The music was written and performed by the two main characters. I don't know if it's just me but it seems like there's a major shortage of good movies to rent these days (possibly the after effects of the writers strike) but this one in my opinion is definately one to check out.

As for my status these days, just trying to stay positive. I can still feel the tumors inside of me and I'm just hoping they're shrinking/dying... Jackie's neighbor gave me a meditation CD today geared toward strengthening the immune system. The guy who created it is an actual doctor. I've been reading up lately regarding the mind body connection as it pertains to healing and a lot of it makes sense. At this point, I'm willing to try anything. If nothing else, it's very relaxing! I have a CT scan this Thursday to find out if the GVD chemo is starting to work. They (my doctors) want to avoid the last scenario where I went through two toxic cycles of ICE with it only holding my disease stable and not reducing the tumors.

I've got a couple of good buddies coming in on that same day which I'm looking forward to! My buddy Danny's coming all the way from Delray Beach FL and my buddy Mike is coming in from Long Beach CA. Funny, we cover 3 out of the 4 corners of the United States but all of us went to the same high school! Mike was actually my roomate when I lived in Southern California. Danny's visit is still pending a miss by hurricane IKE on South Florida, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Hey just found your blog, you mention a mind body CD that pertains to the immune system can you share the name? I have Behcet's which is an auto immune disorder, it's changed me so much mentally dealing with pain and the crazy steroids. I'd like to try something besides meds. Thanks so much, wishing joy and strength for the journey :)