Thursday, September 25, 2008

Doc Visit Today

Saw Dr. Shustov today (my Oncologist) and we've put together a roadmap for my SCT/s. We decided to go with one more cycle of GND (I kinda pushed for it) then proceed to transplant 3 weeks after the cycle is done. So, in 5 weeks it's going to happen, yikes... I asked him if I should get another CT scan next week to see what's happening but he didn't want to expose me to more radiation from the scan and they'll need to scan me before SCT anyway.

I'm banking that the GND is still shrinking the tumors and killing the cancer. The only concern is if the cancer becomes refractory to the GND and the cancer grows during this next cycle I'm at more of a disadvantage going into SCT. The upside is if this (GND) is working and I can get into remission (or close) my chances of the SCT working are greater. Stressful to say the least...

To complicate matters, I found out that the sensation I've been having in my right lung is resulting from "pleural rub". In other words, I have fluid buildup (not sure why yet) in the linings of my lung that when I inhale rub together and make a crackling noise. It gets painful at night and early morning but pain meds knock it out pretty quick. As long as this isn't cancer related, I can deal with it so no worries for now.

That's the latest, as soon as I hear anything more I'll update.

No comments: