Friday, September 12, 2008

Finally Some Decent News!


So, I'm here at the SCCA getting two units of blood as my Hematocrit and Hemoglobin were really low (I've been a sack of potatoes for the last few days). My nurse just left and gave me some optimistic news! My CT results came back from yesterday and apparantly some of my tumors have shrunk and some of the others have stayed the same. The best news, no new cancer growth! It's still way too early but it looks like the GVD chemo is starting to work. Ideally, I'd like to hear that all of the tumors have shrunk but I'll take what I can get at this point. I still have a long ways to go to get to Stem Cell Transplant mode but it seems like I'm heading in the right direction. Hope to keep it going!

After this, my buddies and me are going to head to Pike Street Market and watch those dudes throw some fish, grab some lunch (all they had here was egg salad sandwiches, yuk!) and enjoy the day. Tomorrow, I think we'll take a drive over the Cascade Mountains to check out the Columbia river and on the way back go for a hike at Denny Creek to check out two beautiful waterfalls. Should be fun!

Life is Good!

Thank you God...

1 comment:

B. said...

Chris,

This is fantastic news! Congrats on the GND working, it's definitely known to work slower than ICE -- but it seems to get the job done, without as much toxicity, all good things, my friend.

Hoping you had an amazing/fun weekend with the guys.

Cheering for you from the east coast -- one day at a time my dear, you're on your way...

Sending love,

Bekah