Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bye Bye Mom and Nicole!


Dropped off my Mom and Sister at the airport today... It's going to be weird not having family here as I've had my Dad then Mom and Sis here the last two months. They've really helped me "keep it together" just by being here for me (Mom, you're cooking helped too ;).

As you can imagine, having cancer and an impending grueling treatment regimen is tough. I don't know if Jackie and I could have done this alone. What I mean is dealing with the tricks that one's mind tends to play when you keep getting bad news. When you have people surrounding you that love you, it gives you comfort. My family has allowed me to build up strength for what is ahead of me. In other words, Jackie and my batteries are charged up now to deal with this on our own for a while. God willing, if I do move to stem cell transplant/s I know they'll be here for me again.

I also want to point out how proud I am of my sister. She like my Mom are cancer survivors. Unfortunately my sister deals with residual issues from her battle that makes life more difficult for her. I just want to say that I'm proud to have her as my sister and know that things will get better. We're both going to get better together through getting help from our doctors and with the help of our family and friends. There is light at the end of the tunnel for both of us Nicole!! Love ya :-)

No comments: