Thursday, February 4, 2010

Accupuncture!

I just wanted to devote this post to my cousin Susanna who hooked me up with my first session at this great accupuncturist in Deerfield Beach. Susanna, you are more than generous and I will be forever grateful. Thanks!

The session was so relaxing, I actually fell asleep! I didn't pick up any of the nomenclature but I think it was a basic session for my first time. He did mention the difference between Chinese and Japanese methods however. The Chinese method is a little deeper (the needles) whereas the Japanese method is very soft. You actually feel a little pain with the Chinese method as the needles actually go down into the muscle tissue. Tony's method was a combination of the two. Since I have such neuropathy all over, especially my legs, I told him to go as far as he wanted and I did feel it! It's not really painful, almost like pressure. It was pretty wild as he took a needle and put it right between my eyes! Once all the needles are in, he put some headphones on me with some subliminal soothing messages and I was out like a light!

Tomorrow I go back. Eventually, he's going to hook up wires to the needles and run small electrical currents through them in hopes to stimulate my muscles. He also mentioned he was going to work on my spinal area.

I'm hoping to obviously get some relief for the neuropathy from this. Even if it doesn't work, there's got to be some kind of benefit for me as the Chinese have been practicing these methods for 3000 years!

Looking forward to talking about future visits...

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Aren't families great?? :0)
So glad you got some relaxation from this - sounds fab. Have never tried it, but after this post, may add it to my 'wanna try' list!
Hope you have continued benefits from these treatments.........Vx