Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday :o)

Well I got the results back from my CT scan and it looks like my disease has progressed a bit more, yikes. It's not wildfire but enough to give me an extra sense of urgency to figure out my next treatment plan. Unfortunately there's nothing else here in Detroit so I'll be going to yet another cancer center for my subsequent disease management program.

I also had an EMG test today which was pretty wild. Now I know why electrical shocking is used in torture/interrogation techniques! It has been determined clinically that I have patchy loss of nerve insulation and grade 3 neuropathy in my extremities. It's been decided that IVIG will be the treatment and the question now is how quickly I can get it and who's going to pay for it.

Despite all this, I had a really nice visit here in the D seeing and reaquainting with some old friends. There was a surprise birthday party on Friday and a trip to the "Dirty Show" on Saturday. For anyone interested in what that might be, feel free to google Dirty Show Detroit ;) Lets just say there was some good watching (people and otherwise)!

Also had a chance to eat a paczki (sounds like punckee) today for Fat Tuesday! I can get away with eating one of those a year and they're soooo good (except for an anti inflammatory diet)!! Also just had an amazing Lebanese meal tonight with my family, delicious :) Can't forget to mention the amazing Pastrami/Corned Beef sandwich I had for lunch at this great deli downtown at the Detroit Medical Center. I guess you could say I made the best of Fat Tuesday!

So I blast out of here tomorrow and hope to be on the beach tomorrow. It's pretty scary knowing that my disease is now being allowed to do whatever it wants to do unchecked. As long as my symptoms and back pain don't get too bad and my neuropathy starts to go away I think I can get by until I decide on my next treatment course.

Now if I can only find someone to come over and button up my shirts for me, ha!

Life is good :o)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Ugh....stoopid cancer :0(

Sending hugs and strength.........Vx

Gail said...

Chris -
You continue to inspire me with your strength and positive outlook!
Enjoy the beach and life for a bit - you have a Dr O appointment coming up right?

I hope your neuropathy starts to behave soon!
BTW I had TWO packzi's yesterday -they were delicious !!