Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back "Home"

Yeah, I guess this is now home (SoFlo, at least for the moment). Just sitiing here at the pool doing my sun therapy and it feels great! I woke up this morning with a sense of calmness that was really nice (have no idea where it came from...). Just tried some takeout from this Turkish restaurant and it was pretty tasty. In case you haven't noticed, I like to indulge in as many different cuisines as I can. I have to say Meditteranean food is hard to beat when it comes to being tasty and healthy.

The ball is rolling with regard to getting treated for this neuropathy. My doctor has corresponded with my friends' doctor at the University of Miami and hopefully will soon have enough evidence to get the drug company SeaGen to agree to pay for my IVIG treatments ($5-$10K per infusion). This can't happen soon enough; seems like this is still getting worse even though I've now been off SGN-35 for over 3 weeks. I now have trouble just standing without having to lean on something or somebody. Not to mention, my hands are now almost completely useless.

The thing that gives me hope is the knowledge that this is only temporary (according to my friend Kurt) and I just have to be patient...

I have guests coming in tomorrow and they'll be able to help me out which is good. All I have to do is be a tour guide which I should be able to handle ;)

Alright, time to get back to my sun therapy, ahhhh...!

4 comments:

Angie Nader said...

thats really nice of that company to pay for your treatments...i really hope it works for you!

you deserve to feel normal again!

Anonymous said...

I hope the treatment helps the numbness....

Gail said...

Chris - enjoy the sunshine and your friends' visit and help. No sun therapy up here! Hoping the neuropathy is gone soon.

your friend in the D-
Gail

Veronica said...

Hey Chris - W had temporary issues with his legs. When we visited Boston, W found it really difficult to walk any distance, slopes and stairs were really difficult. Back home, he had to use his arms to haul himself up the stairs and we were seriously considering moving to a bungalow......but the issue resolved almost as suddenly as it came - hope it's the same for you and that the resolution comes quickly.........in the meantime, enjoy the Vitamin D, you lucky person, you..........Vx