Sunday, February 28, 2010

Change of Plans

I have to keep this short as I don't have the patience to hunt and peck right now... Instead of going to New York like I planned, I'll be flying up to the D Tuesday for IVIG treatments. I've been officially diagnosed with Guillain-Barre Syndrome (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guillain%E2%80%93Barr%C3%A9_syndrome) and because I was diagnosed in Detroit, it's too diificult to get the treatments here due to the f'd up state of affairs regarding health insurance. No need to go there now though...

So, I'll be getting the IVIG over 5 days at 5 hours per infusion due to the viscous nature of the stuff. Not exactly sure if I'll be getting infused in the home, as an outpatient or have to be admitted to the hospital. Depends on what Aetna says...

Once I get this taken care of, I'll decide what I'm going to do next to manage my disease.

Can't wait to get my hands back!!


Me before IVIG (Croc pic taken earlier this week in the Everglades)


Hopefully me after IVIG (Roseatte Spoonbill pic from the Everglades)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Geez, what next?? Hope you get immediate relief from the IVIG infusions and that the debillitating symptoms you've been experiencing vanish as quickly as they came - thinking of you.....Vx

Anastasia said...

Nice pics. That gator is scary looking! I can totally see you as the bird! You've got it. :) I hope this stuff does the trick.