Thursday, November 18, 2010

Good News Bad News

So, just got up to my room finally after starting my day at 4:45 a.m. I flew in to NYC, got to NYU, had my PET scan and waited for the results. Dr. O'Connor wasn't in today so Dr. Zain came in and reported that they're going to keep me on the trial (good) but the targeted nodes that they have been watching have all increased slightly in size (bad). I don't have the official report in hand yet so I'm going to refrain from getting into too much detail. Bottom line is I'm a little dissapointed after such a positive visit last time and all the talk about a partial or even complete remission, ugh...

Anyway, I guess I'm used to this kind of news and shouldn't get too caught up in what might have been. I'm still feeling relatively well (although a little wounded mentally). It would just be so nice to hear the words remission for once...


Once I receive the report, I'll do another post and share the results along with my feelings on it. Right now I'm going to go meet some friends in Manhattan and try and have a fun evening.

I guess you can't always get what you want...

1 comment:

B. said...

Oh love,

I know that these hits can be hard... this isn't totally bad news, but I understand your hesitation until the report is in your hands.

The important thing about all is that you're still feeling good.. I hope you are.

I'm sorry this isn't the news you hoped for. Hope you are having fun tonight, wish I was in NY so I could see your face. Hopefully soon.

Sending Love,

B