Sunday, November 7, 2010

Migrating South

Just wanted to check in after what seemed like a long Sunday (if only by an hour). I watched my Lions once again snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, ugh...

I'm getting excited though as I'm going to attempt to leave tomorrow for Florida! It all depends if I can get all my stuff done here in time and if not will be leaving on Tuesday. I've got the Bimmer running like a champ after getting the rear wheel bearing replaced. It's like night and day as it was really vibrating before. I've had a couple of different people look it over for me and have been given the thumbs up both times thankfully. Still, I'm a little nervous driving a car with 300,000 plus miles on it from Michigan to Florida. We'll see what happens!

Life has thankfully been pretty uneventful lately. I'm still feeling relatively well and even went for my first run (actually a really slow jog) in a long time earlier this week. It was only around the park across the street (probably a mile) but it felt great and I had decent wind. I want to start doing more of that to try and keep my lungs strong. I think I'll start riding the bike and swimming once I get down to Soflo if my body allows it. I can't wait to swim in the ocean again!

I wanted to send out some good vibes to my cousin Rodney who I just found out a couple days ago was diagnosed with what else, Hodgkins Lymphoma, ugh. My family has a history of cancer but two of us now having HL is pretty strange knowing how rare the disease is. I know things will be ok for him though and wishing a drama free treatment out there in Vancouver BC.

That's pretty much all I've got for now, I'll probably update from the road or once I get down to Florida.

Sunshine, here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris, Crazy weekend so I am just getting back to you. We can talk politics in person. How long are you in Florida? Let's have lunch when you come back! I would love to see you, it has been just about a year. I last saw you at Union Street last December. Let me know. Take care, send some sun up this way. AHS