Monday, November 8, 2010

R.I.P. Mike :(

Just wanted to send my condolences to my friend Sharon who just lost her son Mike today to this f'ing disease. Mike was a hero of mine and I'm really sad to hear of his passing.

Here's a link to the Hodgkins Lymphoma board I'm a part of and a beautiful post by Mike's sister who also happens to be a Hodgkins survivor.

http://forums.lymphoma.com/showthread.php?t=48440

This is pretty tough news to deal with and with that said, I will appreciate life even more starting tomorrow as I head down to Florida with a heavy heart...

Chris

2 comments:

Loraine Ritchey said...

My heart bleeds - I only have read of Mike's struggle after the death of my own son from this obscenity- for Mike's mom - I know and that is all the comfort I can give.. we walk the same tragic path .. Loraine

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Chris. It's always hard to lose a "hero."