Sunday, November 28, 2010

Under the Weather...

Ever since Thanksgiving, I've been struggling a bit. I either have the flu or a chest/head cold that I can't seem to shake. I thought it was on it's way out today but here I am in bed typing this and my head feels woozy and I'm totally stuffed up, ugh. Hoping this starts resolving by tomorrow...

I'm hoping it's just the weather changing here (it was pretty cold this weekend). My place is pretty drafty too, even Chili has been jumping up on the bed lately at night probably because it's colder down on the floor!

This is a weird time of the year too with how it gets dark so early, I think I miss the summer already!

It just struck me as I search for something else to say here that my life has gotten kinda dull and predictable lately... I think I need to start a new hobby or something, I feel like I've been thinking about the cancer a little too much lately. Distractions (especially good ones) are always helpful in this regard.

We'll see what I can figure out this week.

I've ordered copies of my latest PET scan to be sent to Karmanos so that the radiologist there can take a look and consult with Dr. Ramchandran to make sure I'm getting the full story from NYU. I think it's in my best interest to get an opinion on the latest bit of growth from someone who doesn't have a stake in the clinical trial. I don't know if it's the body aches from the bug I have but my back was really sore yesterday. I've also been having a really difficult time with my hands locking up the last couple of days. I have no idea if any of this is related but like to write it down so I can go back if I have to.

I think the warm weather of Florida is really calling my name right now... I'm supposed to go back down for a short trip December 13th. Looking forward to it. Until then, I have my scheduled trip to New York on December 8th. Not really looking forward to that one for some reason.

Time to hopefully get some good sleep and let me body fight off whatever it is that's wreaking havoc on my head right now.

Goodnight :)

1 comment:

B. said...

Hello Lovely,

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling well dear. I think it's a wonderful idea to get those scans looked at a bit. I felt like what you're going through now with scans is what I experienced with SGN -- my gutt told me that this was not the right path to go down... anyway, I'm hoping your onc at home gives his two cents so you can have some peace with all of it.

As for your hands locking, this happens to me (or in my legs) when I'm really dehydrated. DRINK. DRINK. DRINK. water that is :)

So jealous of your Florida adventures... it looks like I will be in Jupiter/West Palm around the week of March 4th. If we don't cross paths in NY by then, we should figure out some plans for then... (I'm not sure how far you are from there, you'll have to remind me).

Alright love,
Know I"m thinking of you -- here if you need me.

Love,

Bek