Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Time is Here...


I think I'm finally ready :) I was having a tough time getting into the spirit but now that my shopping is done and I can relax I'm looking forward to spending time with my family again and eating some Polish food!

I also wanted to move that last depressing post down a notch as I was told by a few people that it made them sad and I don't want to do that, especially this time of year.

Had a chance to hang out with my cousin Jeff yesterday who's in from Hawaii and it was good to catch up. My buddy Mike who I grew up with and was roommates with in Socal is going to be moving to the big island in January so I have two people to visit/stay with out there now, awesome! Jeff was telling me how beautiful the big island is and showed me some pictures of these incredible beaches where they have green sand! He was also telling me he's got this secret spot near where he lives where you can go out into the ocean around 7 a.m. and swim with dolphins with no one else around! I guess it's not quite a secret spot actually as he said tourist boats start showing up around 8-9. Anyway, it's something I've always wanted to do and I'll be saving my cash to make the trip out there hopefully soon.

It's kinda crazy as not only are the days winding down to Christmas/New Years but my 40th birthday as well! I remember when I relapsed after my stem cell transplants and thinking that I probably wasn't going to make it to 40 so I guess you could say this is a big one. I'm going to do my best to make sure it's memorable as usually my birthday sucks being January 5th, right after the Holiday's and New Years where everyone is burnt out, broke and over being festive. The plan is to start here with friends and family then continue down in Florida as I'm due to fly back down on the 6th.

Anyway, time to go down for a snooze and try and get some energy to clean up my place and wrap some gifts.

Cheers everyone!

Chris

5 comments:

The Reeds said...

Happy Birthday a little early!! Trent's birthday is January 11, and I'm already realizing that January birthdays are tough (this year will only be his second b'day.)
Merry Christmas! Glad you're in the spirit now:)

ConundrumChum said...

My birthday is January 8th and I am glad to be celebrating it. Having cancer really makes you appreciate every birthday.

It is okay having a post that is down, it is hard to be positive all the time.

Merry Christmas.

Gail said...

Merry Christmas Chris!

Gail said...

Merry Christmas Chris!

Angie Nader said...

wishing you a nice season...and a healthy 2011