Saturday, December 11, 2010

Can finally breathe easier...

So I went to a local lab today for another blood draw and thank God my platelet count came back at exactly 50,000, what a relief! I've been on pins and needles not knowing if I'd be able to continue on this trial as sketchy and uncertain it has become. It's crazy to think that I've pinned my hopes on something that I don't even know is working anymore but such is life living on clinical trials. What I do know is that I can take Naproxen again and that combined with the SAHA/Niacinamide seems to greatly reduce my back pain. Can't tell you what it's like to wake up in the middle of the night with the kind of back pain I was experiencing. It was to the point that no matter which way I laid in bed it felt like I had a knife in the middle of my back. Yet, I was so tired from the pain meds I couldn't get up. Pretty uncomfortable conundrum but hopefully tonight I will be able to sleep all the way through and start fresh tomorrow, yay!

So, off to dreamland I go hoping I can stay there until the morning.

Thanks for the support :)

Goodnight

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Hate that you're having so much pain Chris and am sending healing thoughts your way. Trust that the Naproxen helped greatly and you had a restful night.