Monday, December 13, 2010

Cool Sunshine!

It's a little chilly by Florida standards but I'll take it! I mean, it's at least 50 degrees warmer here than what I just left in Michigan so I'm not complaining... Considering I was shoveling snow at 7:30 this morning and tomorrow will be doing something outside in the sun life couldn't be better!


In three hours I went from this (looking out my front window in Ferndale)


To being able to swim in this right across the parking lot! I'm a lucky guy ;)

I was just thinking earlier on the plane about the sun... I know I've written about this before but can't get over how much of a mood booster it is! Us Michiganders and people in general who have to deal with a cold dreary winter are pretty damn tough people. Life is so much tougher when you have to deal with the cold, snow, salt, wind, gray skies, gray everything, icy roads, I could go on and on. Simple things like going out to get your mail, carrying groceries in from the car, scraping the ice off of your car, taking the garbage out, etc. are a challenge in a harsh northern winter. It makes me appreciate how much easier life is in the warmish weather and how much brighter (literally) daily life is when it's warm and the sun is shining :) Have I mentioned how blessed and lucky I am to be able to come down here and "heal". Gol-ley as my friend Elise likes to say!!

By the way, I wanted to also point out another bone head move on my part, ugh. I mentioned and thanked the Reeds a few days back for their generous gift. The part I didn't realize is they are the same Reeds as in the legendary Mike Reed (I believe) that has been battling Hodgkins for the last 11 years! I just caught up on his blog (and created a link on my blog) and found out Mike is currently doing Bendamustine chemo and noticing some great results on it (70% reduction!). Mike is truly a warrior and a hero and I'm even more honored for the gift, thanks again guys.

So, the plan is to get as much R and R down here as I possibly can. What that entails I have no idea. Just going to go with the flow :)

Chaka,

Chris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Get your R&R, Chris! Glad to see that you left this bitter cold and are enjoying the sunshine! It looks absolutely beautiful where you are compared to what I am looking at (the back of the BW3 parking lot in Ferndale) - tons of snow and ice!!! You have always been one of those SAD (seasonal affective disorder) people. I think of you every January when this weather generally takes over. The other day I just read an article on "seasonal biology" which is really interesting - I am going to forward you the article. Glad to hear you are doing well. Let's seriously have lunch when you return. AHS.