Monday, August 31, 2009

Go Eric!



Just wanted to give a shout out to my step bro Eric! The brave young guy got down on one knee today at the ballgame and proposed to his long time girlfriend Hillary! It was pretty cool as he covertly snuck away and put on his uniform before he did it (West Pointe grad!). Couldn't be prouder of the guy and wish him and Hillary all the best.

I'm feeling pretty decent lately except for fatigue. Had some issues this morning with my back but it's mostly resolved. I think the SGN-35 does cause a "flair" which my doctor warned me about. I'm more optimistic these days that it's actually doing something to my disease as I no longer have the numbing sensation when I lower my chin to my chest as well as little or no pain with moderate amounts of alcohol. Hope to keep it going!

AAAAAeU/2nAIx7SWdr4/s1600-h/Eric+Hillary.jpg">

By the way, I had to throw this pic up here of me using a lawn tractor for the first time! Growing up, cutting lawn everyday is how I used to make my money as a kid :) I would alway dream of having a lawn tractor like this! It was fun using it but have to admit I gave myself whiplash a couple times releasing the brake pedal too quickly, ha! Just like anything though, I figured it out and had my system down before I knew it. The ipod helped me get into a rythm! Who knew how much fun it could be cutting the grass! My other stepbrother Kenny gets a chance at it next time ;)

So, I'm leaving for Seattle tomorrow! Looking forward to going to Bumbershoot, checking out Snoqualmie Falls, going hiking at Denny Creek, having lunch at Red Hook Brewery (not to mention all the other great restaurants in Seattle). Gonna also play some golf at this beautiful place called Gold Mountain in Bremerton! I'm so lucky... Also found out Mike locked in his Hawaii ticket today so the wheels are turning on that trip too. Gotta keep myself busy!!

Finally, I'm so happy to find out Adrienne is doing a bit better but not out of the woods yet. She'll be out of the woods when she gets to go home to her family and little dogs! Keep fighting Adrienne!!

No comments: