Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just some thoughts...

It's 2:18 a.m. and of course I'm struggling to fall asleep... While this is nothing unusual, I wish I could get to sleep earlier so I could get up earlier but oh well. It's especially difficult tonight as I've developed this unbelievably itchy rash (to take my mind off my other ailments, ha!) everywhere, my hands, legs, arms and some other areas I won't mention... I just took a couple of benadryl and lathered myself in Sarna lotion so we'll see what happens.

Had a great time playing golf with some buddies in a pseudo league today! Things got a little out of hand when the guys started doing shots after pounding beers in the hot sun (I had 2 beers and it felt like I drank six having no tolerance!). It was so hot that our buddy Derek decided to go topless (not a pretty sight, sorry Derek!). So, because we didn't want Derek to be the only one exposed, we all decided to take our shirts off which is pretty taboo on a golf course! To kick it up a notch, my buddy Mike then decided to drop his shorts while he was putting, yikes! I've got pictures but decided against posting them out of respect for Mike's family, ha ha!!

So nice to have the relative health to be able to do things like this and forget about the big C word for a short while... Speaking of the C word, I want to figure out how to post some of my fellow Hodge Warriors' Blogs on my blog (so they're permanently posted, not manually added) but not sure how to do it. If anyone can message me how to do this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I have some friends who are having a hard time right now and it bums me out. (Alison/Adrienne). This gal is having a difficult time with chemo and also presents a compelling case for healthcare reform (Hillary) . I also lost a fellow Hodge Warrior this past week and wanted to send out prayers and sympathies to his family, (Eric from Canada) . There are others who have just received good news (Bekah, private) and wanted to say congrats! There are others who are recovering from a stem cell transplant and wanted to send encouragement (Neil) Hope to have their stories (and many others) permanently linked to this so you can help me cheer them on.

Going to try and get out on the canoe tororrow! We have a nice little heat wave going on right now and it's so nice being out on the water...

Have a great weekend everyone :)

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Right there with you with your thoughts for other Hodge Warriors. Eric's passing has hit us hard too........he'd been through so much. But then there are also the successes which keep us buoyed.....it's all a bit beyond my comprehension.

I just love reading your updates though, Chris.......what's a bit of chemo to stand in the way of fun with friends??!

Keep it up, Chris............Vx

Heather said...

i can definitely relate to sleep problems. they have lingered even with remission. then of course i too sleep well into the day. sometimes missing the day. i don't like that.

as for the itching...this will sound odd but it helps my itching like nothing else. it's called miracle foot repair cream and is supposed to be used for...feet. but i have used it on the deep nerve itches and it really does help. i know it's available at walmart, walgreen's and probably any drug store.