Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday = Sleep Day


(Taken at Ellwood Grill kiddie corner to Ford Field)

Yeah, I've done quite a bit of sleeping today... I think my body needed it after being out all day yesterday. My buddy Todd and I went downtown to both the Lion's preseason opener during the day (yawn) and the Tiger game at night which was great! Actually, the Lions game wasn't all that bad getting to watch the Lions' new prodigy (Matthew Stafford at QB) in action. There was a buzz downtown and it was really cool to be out soaking it in. Speaking of soaking it in, the sun was blazing all day and maybe that's the reason I'm so shot today... Well, I'm sure there's other reasons but the sun probably put me over the top ;)

The pain in my back peaked a couple of nights ago when I woke up around 4 in pain no matter what position I layed in bed. It kinda freaked me out... I took 4 Naproxen and was able to fall back asleep. My back feels a bit better now so I'm hoping the SGN-35 was just causing a "flair" which my Doctor warned me about. The fluttering sensation I've had in my side is starting to diminish it seems which is also good. Also, had a couple of beers yesterday and didn't notice the normal sharp pain that appears after a few sips, just minor soreness. I took Naproxen before I left so I'm not sure if it's the Naproxen working or the SGN-35 (of course want to think it's the SGN-35!). I guess the only thing I'm having trouble controlling right now is a nasty travelling rash that moves around my body as soon as I itch it. It's like playing whack a mole... As soon as I itch one spot, say my knees, it moves to my ankles or hands or underarms. Enough to drive you slightly crazy. The thing about it is that it feels so good to scratch it -- so it's like an addiction if that makes any sense. Maybe I'm slightly losing it!! Wait, I think that's already happened months ago... ha!

So I'm thinking of getting out and doing some camping this week... Thought I'd bring the canoe to some nice little lake, set up my tent and drink in some nature to help relax me. I felt really grounded when I was camping on my previous trips and feel the need to re-capture some of the those feelings albeit on a smaller scale. Beyond that, I've got a couple of trips on the horizon... Leaving September 1st to go to Seattle and visit Jackie! We're thinking of checking out the Olympic Mountains and the Hoh Rainforest as well as the Bumbershoot festival over Memorial Weekend. Last year I went while I was doing GVD chemo and remember not feeling all that great. Even still, I managed to go all three days! Planning on probably going one day this year as I'm better at energy management these days ;) Also on the horizon (potentially) is a trip to Hawaii!! My good friend and ex-roomate in Socal Mike and I have been discussing flying out there 3rd week of October. He's got a buddy who lives there and my cousin Jeff just moved out there as well. Hope we can put this together...

By the way, I finally figured out how to post some other folks' blogs on my blog thanks to fellow Hodge Warrior and Blogger Anastasia. Please feel free to check in on their blogs and leave comments as we bloggers love to get comments! I'll be adding more blogs as well as more cancer resourse links you can find more towards the bottom of the page.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: