Sunday, September 20, 2009

Heartbroken...

Things aren't looking good for my friend Adrienne. She is such a fighter but it seems like the disease and all the therapy she's been through may be too much for her to overcome. She's been in ICU for almost a month now and I can't imagine how hard this is on her mom Alison. Adrienne has been intubated for the last two weeks and Alison of course has been in the room with her. It's gotta be impossible to sleep at night with the nurses coming in all the time to monitor Adrienne. I don't know how she's doing it and I have the utmost respect and sympathy for her. Ever since I've discovered my Hodgkins family through the Lymphoma Forum (on my cancer links down the page) I've looked up to the both of them as a source of inspiration and knowledge. Alison knows more about this hideous disease than anyone I know. She should, they've been fighting it for 12 years.

This is doubly tough for me knowing that I may soon be losing a friend and one day may be in her position.

Just gotta keep on living the best that I can...

My prayers are with them both and hope soon they may have peace.

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Well said, Chris.........i think there are at least a thousand or so people you have just spoken for.........if love could heal, Adrienne would be out of there already.............<3