Thursday, September 17, 2009

Stable...

So, just laying here getting my infusion and received the results of my CT scan. Not good news, not bad news, kinda right in the middle -- stable disease. I'll take it though! My disease was small to begin with and didn't expect any dramatic decrease in size of my enlarged lymph nodes. In fact, the CT report noted that I might have acute inflammation in the areas I've been having discomfort so that's decent news. Hopefully the next couple of infusions will shrink these back down to normal size (plus the inflammation resolves) and I can enjoy a little remission time (or Complete Response which would be pretty cool).

I talked with my RN regarding my muscle aches and he said we'll keep an eye on it. He recommended Ibuprofen over Naproxen so I'll give that another shot. I know there are other anti inflammatory pain meds out there like Celebrex and the like just in case I need it. They also recommended trying Glucosamine which I can buy over the counter. Hopefully this will just resolve on it's own though and I won't have to deal with it anymore.

Looking forward to getting this infusion over with and continued success with this drug!

Ride On!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Hooray for no bad news - stable is goooooood! hopefully things will continue to improve from herein.......now, get back to life..:0)..Vx

Gail said...

Chris - so happy to hear your CT results; stable with small amount of disease and some may be imflamation sounds like very good news to me. :)
I have good feelings about you- like you will be knocking 'em dead with the next cycles. Hope the pain in managable.
Gail

naw said...

stable is under control that is good better then not controlled... I think of you all the time hope your well beyond the obvious!!!...

PALMS said...

Glad to hear your CT results came in with no bad news! We're going to keep storming heaven looking for that good news! Love your writing, somehow checked "anon" last time - but it's me and I am checking in to see how you are. God bless you always, Chris. Loved the turtle pic.