Sunday, September 27, 2009

Lions, oh my!


Ford Field Detroit Michigan

The monkey is finally off our back... When I say "our", I mean anyone who like myself is a tortured Detroit Lions football fan ;) Going back to last year, the Lions had lost 19 straight games... Today however was a glorious day and I had a chance to witness it! My buddies Mike and Pat hooked me up with a free ticket and I like to think I made the difference (with all my good luck and all ;) in the win, ha! It was pretty cool that the players decided to come back out to the field to shake hands with the fans and thank them for continuing to come to the games (even though the crowd was somewhat sparse). Afterward, had a chance to get some of the best pizza in the world, Buddy's pizza, yum! Overall, a very satisfying Sunday :)


This is my new buddy Alex (Mike's son). He loves Buddy's pizza!


Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz. I originally posted another pic with the guy from Reno 911 and how they look similar but decided to take it down out of respect...

Prior to today, things have been pretty mellow. The summer's winding down and I guess I'm just trying to adjust. I've still been getting out on my bike at Stoney Creek and I've realized how therapeutic it is for me. The leaves are slowly starting to change and within a few weeks will be falling off the trees. It's a bittersweet thing as it's so beautiful to see but so sad to know winter is on it's way...


A "stoney creek" at Stoney Creek Park

I've been feeling pretty decent lately and think I'm finally getting used to this SGN-35. The glucosamine is still working to ward off the aches (for the most part) and like I said before, the exercise seems to be helping with my fatigue issues. So, everything is manageable physically right now which is good. I think because of this, my spirits have been better too. I've written about this in the past but the two seem to go hand in hand... As long as I'm feeling ok physically, I seem to feel ok mentally. I think this is probably true for most people, not just cancer survivors.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now, adios amigos!

BTW, Chili was asking me why I haven't mentioned her in the blog lately...


Chili has become like a lizard sunning herself in the afternoon!


"Dad, why are you interrupting my nap!"

2 comments:

naw said...

glad to hear your adjusting to the sgn-35 protocol....
hope your taking good care of your self, your in my thoughts!!!

Anastasia said...

Oh, so much cuteness!! (Except perhaps one of those pics...not really sure what to make of it :) ). And your talk about "the best pizza in the world" has my stomach growling. Feel free to send some of that lovely Fall weather down here. It's still hot and humid in good old Florida. :)