Friday, March 19, 2010

Chillin in New York!

So I'm here in the big apple (actually solo after my buddy had to back out at the last second) and all's well. I met some friends for St. Patty's down near Wall St. at a place called Ulysses and had a good time. Went to see Dr. O yesterday and he's very smart and has a great attitude. He recommended a couple of drugs for me, SAHA (which he helped develop) and Belinostat. These are both trials that have shown activity in Hodgkins. I'm staying at this great place called the Hope Lodge which is funded by the American Cancer Society and it's right in the middle of Manhattan (by Madison Square Garden) which is great.

From here, I plan to do some sightseeing (as much as I can with this damn GBS). The weather is beautiful so I'd like to see Central Park and maybe get up in the Empire State Building for an aerial view of the city. There's such great energy here!!

I can see myself coming back to NYC to do one of these trials for sure... ;)

So, up next is Houston and then I'll make a decision.

To be continued...

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

I love New York City too! Have fun :)

Loraine Ritchey said...

Thinking of you and your journey Loraine

Veronica said...

Glad that good old Dr O has a plan - I like Dr O's plans! Enjoy the Big Apple and good luck in Houston.......here's to choices......Vx