Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dan Van Gogh



Got out of the house for a bit this afternoon to go down to the St. Patty's parade on Atlantic Ave. Actually I went to my buddy Dan's space at the little area where local arists show their stuff (to support his stuff).

He got some wow's and long looks and sold a few... I told him I'd help him sell some of his paintings and he said he'd give me a cut if anyone feels like helping a starving artist and cancer survivor, (I know, shamelessly playing the C card here ;)

Pictures don't really do the pieces justice though as there's a lot of texture and intricaces that don't show up via camera.

Really, if anyone likes any of these, or wants to check out some more, let me know. I take PayPal!


This one took over 6 months to finish...


Click on the picture for larger view









By the way, I just wanted to share a touching post taken from my Hodgkins forum written by Jeremy's wife Maggie today. Warning, this may choke you up.

Jeremy has chosen hospice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr.Zain told Jeremy yesterday that there was nothing more that we could do. He chose hospice care over staying at NYU, so the kids could see him in a non frightening way. We hope to move him on Monday. Jeremy has entered a phase today of terror, and panic. He is having near constant hallucinations, but he still recognizes me. He will only sleep when I am here, so they give him ativan throughout the night. I cry the whole time I am not with him, but once I am here, I just want this to be over as quickly as possible for him. I am still exploring the best way to tell the children. I have started writing about witnessing this process first hand, and it is helping a lot. I have a huge support system. Unfortunately, yesterday my best friends brother was diagnosed with colon cancer, and he is only 36. She had to leave to fly down to florida to be with him.

Soon all of this tragedy, and pain, will be replaced with peace and recovery. I know that God would not have chosen me to be Jeremy's wife if I could not handle this. I can handle this because I know that everything that could have been done was done. I can handle this because I have 3 children that have lost both of their parents for too long to this fucking disease, and that makes me so angry. I am letting myself feel every emotion I have from anger, to sadness, to joy, to relief. My children have an amazing love story about their parents that they will grow up hearing. Life will go with Jeremy's energy pulling us through. His life and death will never be in vain, because I will live the life Jeremy wanted for me. He gave me the vision on how we wanted our kids raised, and I will create the painting. I have been living the past 3 years in a state of hope, and with a lot of fight in me. I don't plan to give that up. The universe will take of us, and I will continue to give it back in the form of wisdom to all of you, as I have learned SO much about what we as humans are capable of.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Wow that's a powerful vision. So much wisdom! Definitely sending my prayers. It was nice talking to you tonight. I dig the paintings! I should buy one for my place! Hee hee..I don't know where all of this money is going to come from. I'm like.."I'll buy a painting. I'll buy the guitar you don't want anymore." I crack myself up. Love.