Friday, March 26, 2010

Off to Tigertown!


Getting ready to jump into the shower and head up to Lakeland FL aka Tigertown. Actually, I'll be making a pit stop in Orlando tonight to meet my buddy Eric and we'll carpool from there. Can't wait!

I'm starting to feel slightly better regarding my GBS... I'm still nowhere near normal but seem to have very modest imrovements in my hands. For instance, I'm almost able to type with both hands now without having to hunt and peck, thank God! I still can't fully extend my fingers on my right hand (i.e. flipping the bird or giving the peace sign) but it's moving in the right direction I think. At least I know it's not getting worse!

With that said, I'm doing a little bit everyday to try and regain some of my strength. The last couple, I've been doing laps in the pool (20). Today, I did some pushups from my knees and some squatting without weights. Funny how my muscles have totally "disolved". I'm basically starting over... I'm still waiting for insurance approval but I have a trip booked to Detroit on 4-14 where I'm hoping to get more IVIG. I'm hoping this can speed up my recovery.

As far as treatment, I've also booked a trip back to New York where I'm tentatively scheduled to start SAHA and Niacinamide on 4-19. This may change if Dr. Younes blows me away with a program at MD Anderson but for now this is my plan. Once I make my final decision, I'll go into more detail about my new trial.

This has been a stressful week and I'm looking forward to hopefully forgetting about all this jazz for a couple of days.

Alright, time to roll outta here. I hope to have some pics of spring training soon...

No comments: