Saturday, March 20, 2010

NY Pics

My friend Terry (Jackie's cousin) showed me around the city today and I remembered to bring my camera! The weather was perfect... Rode the subway, took a ferry and rode in a rickshaw. What a fun day! Thanks a lot Terry :)


Jumped on the free ferry to Staten Island for the best view of The Statue of Liberty


Can't remember the name of this pond... We took a rickshaw to get around Central Park. The AFO's kill my feet!


Taken at Strawberry Fields in Central Park. Everyone was singing "All You Need is Love". I felt like it was a tv commercial or something!


Thought this was cool, next to Trump Tower


Quite a contrast to the hustle and bustle of Manhattan...


Just outside John Lennon's apartment where he was shot


View from my from my room at The Hope Lodge


Greeley Park just down 32nd street from The Hope Lodge. Nice place to have coffee or lunch outside...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Glad you're managing to get around and enjoy NYC..........Vx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,

I read your blog and am rooting for you. You mentioned that you discovered HULU. If you want to spring for another $9 per month you can subscribe to Netflix and download hundreds of different movies onto your laptop. Great for sitting around in hospitals or whereever wifi is.