Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 12

"If we understand that the cause of suffering and dissatisfaction is attachment, then it's obvious that the remedy is simply letting go. Why are we afraid to let go and let the natural mind just be as it is, radiant, free and aware? Why do we hold on to the past and resist the fresh current of nowness? Neurotic behavior is sometimes defined as a frozen pattern. It's very therapeutic to thaw our frozen patterns and develop spontaneity and awareness of "what is" and the joy of the present moment. If you cling to nothing, you can handle anything. This is wisdom. Try to grasp this, but lightly..."

I pulled this quote from a book I'm reading and thought it couldn't be more appropriate for my situation.

Almost out of the woods as I'm starting to show some neutrophils! Pretty soon I'll be able to join the world again, what a concept ;-)

2 comments:

Rob said...

Happy Birthday, Chris. So glad for you that December is over and you now can move on to the next, long stage of your life. Sounds like the new guitar is a gas, looking forward to hearing it "live." Glad to read that your numbers are heading in the right direction and you are staying out of the hospital. The Holidays were well hear and the girls totally enjoyed Christmas. Both got digital cameras, so I will try to forward some on you you. Give us a ring when you have a moment.

Rob, Christy, Nicole and Julia

Veronica said...

Is the world ready, I ask myself?? :0P

It's funny how this canser malarky brings out the philosopher in everyone!! I guess it comes from being forced to have time to think!

Sounds like you're philosophy is a positive one and I look forward to hearing about your spontaneous adventures!! :0)

Vx