Friday, January 2, 2009

Day 7

Went in today for more platelets... I think they're working as my nose has cleared up and don't notice any more red urine, thank God. They've given me Morphine Sulfir tablets for my Mucositis and it seems to be working ok. Of course I'm a little drowsy from it but not worried as I'd probably be drowsy anyway! I've also got this nasty rash that's been spreading from my shoulders down my arms. They say it's from the radiation but think it could also be from the chemo. I've got some Men-Phor anti-itch cream but it's not really doing much. At this point, the rash is kinda getting buried under the other issues so I'm not really focusing on it which is good.

I've been busy expanding my music collection on my I-pod to prepare for my long road trip coming up. Just got a handheld GPS from my Dad and Marty (thanks!) so that should come in handy too...

Also decided to cash in my credit card points for gift certificates to this electronic store. I was originally going to get a GPS but now that this is taken care of, I'm thinking of getting this beautiful Washburn classical/flamenco acoustic guitar. I already play the acoustic but have always wanted to learn Flamenco so I can't wait! As soon as I'm not neutropenic I'm going to search around for teachers and start taking lessons...

Also wanted to send out good vibes for Jackies Dad as he's in the hospital for what they think is a pneumonia. Here's to hoping it's just that and it clears up quick!

Other than all of that, things are pretty mellow here with my Mom. We've been watching a lot of tv and she's been keeping herself busy with a needlepoint project ;). Tomorrow I think we'll break up the monotony and head to Jackies to watch another movie.

That's it for now, hopefully only another week locked in the cabin! Also, getting closer going 2 for 2 staying out of the hospital! I think the only thing that would land me there at this point is a fever, knock on wood...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Ooooohhh - you're a braver person than I.....I would NEVER say that about staying out of hospital in case I was tempting fate - I'll join you with the knocking on wood!!!

Glad to hear that the platelets are doing their job - the wonders of transfusions.....

I'll send positive vibes to J's dad too - Wullie's dad had pneumonia last year and it's nasty. Hope they caught it early and he makes a quick recovery.

Hoping today is a good one.......Vx

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, I am glad to hear that you have been able to stay home. Also that your side effects are "starting" to subside. It is all uphill from here.

I like the music on your blog. You should put some of your own music on there too.

Wishing you & Jackie a very happy New year. All good things to come!

Maureen & Stephen