Thursday, January 8, 2009

Day 13, Almost There!

Just sitting here getting ready to watch the national championship game... Found out today that my counts are still rising! My white counts are almost 2 thousand, my neutrophils almost .25 and starting to make platelets (no more infusions, yeah!)! Also, my mouth and throat are feeling much better and I'm trying to eat a little more. The thing that sucks is I still don't have any tastebuds. I found out that like everything else that has died in my body (including those bastard cancer cells) my taste buds also need to "regrow" from the high dose chemo. The doctor told me this could take up to two months. I'm hoping they grow back much sooner :-)

Soon, I won't have to go the clinic everyday which will be nice! Other than doing that I've just been doing a lot of reading and updating my music library in preparation for my trip. I've also planned an anniversary get away with my girlfriend where we'll be going down to Laguna Beach for a long weekend in February. We'll be staying at this beautiful old Hotel (casacamino.com) which is right on a cliff off the Pacific Ocean. When I lived in Orange County, I used to live right down A1A in Newport Beach so I'm really familiar with Laguna which will help us maximize our time there. It's just going to be nice to get away!

Back to the game...

2 comments:

Veronica said...

All sounding so good and positive - fantastic to hear........:0)

Vx

Chris said...

rYeah, feeling good Veronica! Thanks for all your support :)