Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hello Everyone, getting ready for bed and thought I'd do a quick update. Thankfully, my stomach pains have gone away! My back is feeling a bit better too but still dealing with some pains in my chest. I really think it's residual inflamation from all the treatment I had (namely the TBI). The pain seems to come from my tumor sites and is most prominent when I inhale suddenly or deeply. Come to think of it, I've actually had this problem ever since I can remember (while having disease) so who knows... It's in God's hands at this point so worrying won't do me any good. Speaking of that, the energy healer I've been corresponding with advises me that trying to fight illness actually does more harm than good (if that makes any sense). He says that by mentally obsessing over fighting the ailment actually takes away from the body's natural energy for healing. So, the best thing you can do is accept whatever it is that's wrong with you and be at peace with it. Once you are at peace, your immune system can devote all of it's resources in fighting whatever it is that's wrong. I tend to agree with him as I've noticed that when I worry or obsess over a certain pain I'm having, it gets more intense. When I relax and try not to worry or concentrate on something pleasant, the better I feel. Also, focusing on breathing (visualizing the breath entering your body and visualizing it leaving) is very therapeutic.

On another note, the weather here has been really weird. Thankfully, the cold and snow are long gone. In it's place however has been an eery fog that is so thick you can see the crystals in the light. It makes for some interesting driving at night! I have to drive super slow as you can't see the street signs and barely can see the street lights. Last night I drove home and kinda felt like I was in an episode of the Twilight Zone! When you're on the road, you can't see any other cars and feel like your the only one on the roads. Actually, you kinda feel like your the only one left in town, it's that creepy! I was quickly comforted as I pulled up into a Taco Bell to find out they were open and ordered a spicy chicken burrito and steak soft taco, comfort food at it's finest ;-D

Also, just wanted to give a shout out to Barack Hussein Obama. Good for him that he was proud to say his full name at the innaugaration and dismiss all of the haters saying he was a terrorist. What a bunch of crap! It's only been a day but you can already feel the tone of nation changing. I think this is the byproduct of being elected on a unity platform rather than the divisive platform Bush/Rove used. I truly hope the days of wedge politics is over as the Republican party picks up the pieces left over from the short sighted election tactics of the last administration. It's official, divide and conquer may get you elected but will not reap long term success because we as Americans are tired of partisanship and exclusion. The best line came in 2004 when Obama said that there is no red America, blue America but the United States of America! We are at our best as a country when we're all pulling in the same direction for a common good. To set the tone, Obama first hosted a dinner for the conservative press (unheard of), then to take it to another level hosted a dinner for John McCain and some other retiring Republican Senators! He seems genuinely willing to be a leader of the people, not just a select few. Have to say I was proud to watch today and excited about what's going to come out of these next few months. I wouldn't want his job however...!! What a mess he has to clean up.

Enough about politics, how about the Super Bowl? I have to say I was really impressed with the Cardinals. What a game plan they executed to dissect Philadelphia and their aggressive defense. Not to mention, what a performance by a supposedly washed up quarterback in Curt Warner. It always seemed like he was one step ahead of the defense which is amazing as he was almost out of the league a few years back. Pittsburg is going to be tough though as they have some beasts on defense. I think for Arizona to win, they'd need to improve on their performance from last Sunday which will be tough to do.

If anyone is doing squares, I'm in for a few!

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better, Chris...post-canser anxiety takes a lot of beating, but beat it you will!
The Obama enigma has taken over in Scotland too - I teach 10-11 year olds and they were highly excited about it all yesterday. Even without the Political knowhow, they sense that something really big has happened.......I think the whole world has high hopes for Obama!
and the Superbowl always makes me smile. My dad died 14 years ago, but one of my lasting memories is that he was addicted to the Superbowl - he used to take some of his annual leave so he could stay up half of the Sunday night watching the final live then had Mon/Tues to recover!! :0)