Sunday, January 18, 2009

Just sitting here watching SNL, Fleet Foxes were the musical guest... I've been wanting to see them for a while after listening to their new CD almost every night before bed for the last couple of weeks (their music is so relaxing and soothing). My energy is starting to slowly come back but I've been dealing with some other issues which are kinda scary. I've been having pains in my stomach, back and chest. I didn't really have any disease in my abdomen so hopefully it's not new disease forming. I did have plenty of disease in my back and chest however and hoping it's just inflammation and scar tissue from my treatment. I'm also keeping an eye on the node under my arm and it seems to be the same size since I finished treatment so hopefully this is just scar tissue as well. I just have to stay strong until my post SCT PET scan, easier said than done...

Other than my post SCT drama, life is slowly starting to normalize. Jackie and I went out to dinner last night and tonight! I still can't really taste the food but imagine it was delicious ;) I had a salad with roasted red peppers, grape tomatoes, mixed greens, calimari and a spicy dressing. Jackie tried it and said it was great! I also ordered chicken quesadias with smoked cheese, black beans, carmelized onions and salsa/sour cream. Even though I couldn't taste much, I'm getting my appetite back which is great! There are certain things however that I can taste like grapfruit/orange juice, black chocolate, pomegranite/acai juice, etc. It seems like the tangier the food, the more I can taste it. I'm going to experiment with a citrus type dinner tomorrow, maybe lemon chicken or something. Or, I can try some sushi or tai food with lemon and soy. Or, maybe some salmon marinated in lime. Man, I'm starting to get hungry again writing this! Maybe if I write about what I'm going to eat before I eat it, it'll taste better. My doctor actually recommended closing my eyes before I take a bite and smell the food to help. Tried it and it didn't work, oh well. Before long, those little things we take for granted, taste buds, will grow back and everything will be good. Time for me to sip on my pomegranite green tea ;)

Tomorrow we plan on checking out the Hopper exhibit that's at the SAM (Seattle Art Museum) and of course watching football. I'm also in the middle of moving out of my apartment so I'm trying to keep myself busy which is good. This also means taking plenty of naps in between as the simplest little thing like moving boxes out to my car feels like I just ran 10 miles. It's amazing how little stamina I have these days...

Finally, wanted to say thanks again Mom for taking care of me and keeping me out of the hospital ;) Glad you're home safe and will miss you. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holo! I found fleet foxes video!
http://tubedirects.net/index.php?q=fleet-foxes
Highly recommended, it is great!

Unknown said...

I stumbled upon your blog and just wanted you to know that I'll be keeping you in my fervent prayers...nice to know that you appreciate your Mama too, ;)

Veronica said...

And your abdominal pain isn't due to overeating?? ;0P

It's a shame about the tastebuds - it really got to Wullie after a while as he LOVES his food! But be assured that it does come back.

Do you have a date for your PET? I've lost track of what day you're on. It sounds like you need it to be reassured that all of this has worked, understandably! Remember some of the aches and pains could be from the TBI too - your poor body has been through one helluva lot!!

Take care - don't overdo it and here's to the return of your sense of taste!............Vx