Friday, December 26, 2008

Birthday 2!!

So, real quick, here at the SCCA waiting for my stem cells to arrive (12:00). I'm here in the room with my Mom and Cuz Kenny. This is an epic day for a couple of reasons; First, the stem cells will allow me to live after the boat load of chemo and radiation they've given me over the last week (my bone marrow has been completely destroyed). Second, it's the first day I can start planning my post cancer life which I can't wait for! I'm planning an epic roadtrip around the country... First, I'm going to drive from Seattle down the coast to L.A. to visit my buddies Lee and Mike. From there, I plan to head East with possible stops in Vegas to visit my buddy Brian. I'll continue through hitting national parks in New Mexico and Texas with a pit stop planned in Austin, possibly with Brian or Mike in tow. Once I've seen Austin, I'll then continue East with final destination of South Florida to visit my buddies Ramil, Dan and Mike. I'll chill out there for a while, hopefully go fishing. From there, heading north to Michigan to see the family for a few weeks.

This of course is still in the planning stages and of course I can't go anywhere until I engraft and get my energy back. I think it's good though to look forward and make plans. I'll elaborate more on this later... Also, I'll update on how the stem cell re-infusion goes (hopefully better than last time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy this special day. My wife is a nine year survivor of Leukemia and a bone marrow transplant, so I know what you are going through. Happy Birthday and good luck with your recovery! Keep making plans.

Veronica said...

Guess that answers the question in my last comment!!!! :0P

Happy Birthday - Christmasses are going to be even more special from now on.

Here's to 2009 and all your plans
:0)

Adrienne said...

I hope day +1 is treating you well. Take it easy and don't expect too much of yourself. And ask for drugs!!! Hugs, Alison (Adrienne's mom)